Sunday, January 31, 2016

Report in ONE Day!

When I woke up this morning and got on the computer, this is the first thing I saw:


Major butterflies for me and Terry said, "piece of cake!".
(Don't get confused, we are going to Iceland, however, the
country of Iceland falls in the Denmark Mission boundaries.) 

The first time we signed in to the Full Time Missionary Portal back in September it said 126 days, that seemed like a long time away. Now, here it is. It's been fun making memories, reflecting, and enjoying every moment.

Last Sunday was our Mission Farewell, WOW, what a great time we had. THANK YOU to our family, friends, business partners, and neighbors for your love and support. MANY of you attended, while others sent messages, we appreciate and love every.single.one.of.YOU!

Here are a few shots taken at our home after Church. Photo credits go mostly to Lorraine Brown, my Uncle Terry Brown's wife. 

 Berit Lockhort, Brynlie Bradford, Paxton Auger
Lots of cousin fun

 Michele and Brad Nelson
My nephew and his wife


 Vina Lee Johnson Foster
My sister and best friend


 Tara and Bob Nelson
My nephew and his wife


 My handsome companion
He had a GREAT day, he's a 'people' person


 Me, Natasha Brown Lockhart, her son Gunner, and Terry
Tasha's my cousin


Abbie Foster, Haylie Nelson, Mason Foster
My niece, great niece, and great nephew


Korey and Emily Wright
Keyton and Ashlyn
The Wright's are our friends and business partners
Keyton is Terry's best little buddy
Ashlyn is a sweetheart, inside and out


Tracie Shepherd Bradford
Our daughter


Me, Tasha, and cute little Gunner


Beretta Bradford
Our handsome grandson


Ashlie Irene Shepherd Hughes and Morgan Hughes
Ashlie is our daughter, Morgan is our grandson


Sydnie Hughes
Our beautiful granddaughter


Benjamin Arthur Shepherd
Our son

Tyler Lee Shepherd
Our son


Kellie Lundell Shepherd
Our beautiful daughter-in-law
Tyler's wife


 Joshua James Foster and Michael
Josh is my cute nephew and his baby son


Terry, Sydnie, and me



Me, Josh & Allie Quist, Terry
and the STAR, Ember


Ember Grace Quist
Our Great Granddaughter
She thought the day was just wonderful!


Grandpa still got his Sunday afternoon nap,
even with lots of shenanigans from the grandkids
Brielle Bradford, Lillie Auger, Paxton Auger, Brynlie Bradford 


Knox Terry Auger
This little guy is our grandson who was born in Australia. It was said, this is how everyone feels about Grandpa and Grandma leaving for an entire year :)  


There were LOTS MORE people, I wish I had a picture of each and every one of you to post. I don't, though. However, our hearts and minds are filled with memories of your love, support, and goodness.


Thanks to Kellie being persistent, she was able to get tickets to the Provo City Center Tempe Open House. It was wonderful to see this beautiful House of the Lord before we leave. Thank you Kellie! 


Kathie Johnson Lawrence and me
Kathie was my best buddy in junior high and high school. She called the morning of our Farewell and was crying because of the snow, she couldn't make the drive. She did come a few days later, for one last hug. Thank you Kathie for your constant love, friendship, and example of good.


President Daniel Byron Geslison came to our home today and set both Terry and I apart to do this special records preservation mission in Iceland.  

MAJOR BUTTERFLIES . . . PIECE OF CAKE 






No comments:

Post a Comment